Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Training

It seems there is a fair bit of injury doing the rounds, at least on the blogs I follow, and I am no exception. I currently have some bizarre and painful swelling on my right foot, just at the ball behind the big toe, which goes with rest but comes back with prodding and flexing of the toe. I have a feeling that it's a consequence of my attempts to increase my stride rate over the past couple of weeks and a subsequent hike in weekly mileage.

I would get it looked at but I can't afford a physio so that's out of the question. Should I go to the Doctor? Should I just rest? I really want to get out on the bike but it's blowing a gale and I'm reluctant - which is never a good sign.

So I think I'm gonna eat something and watch Mark Beaumont cycle through central America.

Thinking Posi!

3 comments:

  1. Could be worth getting on the FRA forum and asking around, Si. Weather's shite, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on the verge of doing just that but then discovered the Cool Runnings website and the symptoms of bruised or broken Sesamoids seems to match up - I've a piece of cheap Millets sleeping mat taped to my foot at the moment and the pain has certainly reduced.

    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_5/191.shtml#bigtoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be the first one to pipe up about rest but the last one to actually do it.............

    ReplyDelete